You must be logged in as Admin to manage parent accounts in Classroom Monitor.
NB Online reporting is only suitable for schools with an MIS sync to Classroom Monitor. This is because all parent information needs to be on the system and there is no way to import this. The manual process involves adding parents one by one so is only suitable if your school is small.
The ‘Parents’ area contains a list of all of the parents in the school and the children they are the parent of (in Classroom Monitor, a ‘parent’ could be a guardian, a foster carer, grandparent or anyone that a school chooses to share information online with). Only people specified in the 'Parents' area will be able to access a pupil's online report.
Edit or add a parent account
To see the list of any parents who are currently in the system, you should click on Parents in the 'Reporting Sessions' menu. This shows you a list of parents in the system.
If you have an MIS sync, then this is updated automatically, however it is worth noting that only parents with email addresses will be imported.
You can see that one parent may be associated with more than one child and a child may be associated with more than one parent.
To edit any parent details, you should press the Edit button in their row.
To add a parent who has not previously been added, you should click 'Add New'.
You will then need to enter the parent details: first name, surname and email address.
Status can be set to active or inactive, so if you have somebody set as a parent who will no longer be receiving reports you can click them as inactive.
You can then search for the pupil(s) you require. In this example I have searched for pupils with the surname Smith. You should then tick the box next to each required child's name and press the 'Add to List' button.
These pupils will then appear selected at the bottom of the screen and you can press 'Save' to create the record.
Parent Password Reset
The reset password process for parents is almost identical to the way in which teachers can reset their password. If a parent forgets their password, they can set a new one by following the steps below:
1. Click on the link next to 'Having trouble logging in?' on the Classroom Monitor parent login page.
2. Enter the email address associated to the parent account. If the parent is unsure of the correct email address to use the school will be able to confirm this information, by checking the 'Parents' section in the admin account.
3. Press the 'Send reset password link' button.
4. Parent will need to check their inbox for receipt of an email from Classroom Monitor.
5. Follow the instructions in the email and click on the link. NB The link can only be used once and will expire after a period of 24 hours.
6. Create a new password. The new password must be between 8-20 characters and include at least one number.
7. Return to the Classroom Monitor parent login page and enter the email address and newly created password.
If parents require any further support they should contact their child's school.
For data protection reasons, Classroom Monitor cannot support parents directly.