You must be logged in as a teacher/SLT member to access the Attainment and Progress areas in Classroom Monitor
To display a pupil tracking table, you will need to have pupil and table selected in the toggles on the left hand corner of the screen.
Then the first step is to choosing the data that you want to display using the Choose Pupils/Subjects/Timeframe button and pressing 'Generate Table'. The image below shows a Pupil Tracking Table that has been generated for a whole class for three subjects on one date.
Pupil names and dates of birth are displayed in rows in the 'Pupil Details' area on the left hand side of the grid.
Each selected subject has its own column. By default, the teacher assessment score for each subject will be shown- indicated by the 'TA' at the top of the column. This is the score that may have been saved in one of the Assessment Markbooks or entered directly in this area.
At the bottom of each column you are shown the average score for the selected pupils for each subject.
The data in the table can be sorted in any way that you wish by clicking on the underlined links at the top of each column.
The image below shows a pupil tracking table with one subject and two dates selected.
You can see that there is an additional column with the amount of progress that each pupil has made between the dates shown and average progress for this group of children at the bottom of the column. How this progress is measured will depend on the framework that your school is using.
NB If the progress calculation does not reflect the data displayed in the table this is likely to be because there is summative assessment stored on one or more of the dates. See more below.
If you select multiple dates with more than one subject, you may find that Classroom Monitor splits the subjects over several pages. If this happens, a menu will appear at the top of the table as well as some arrows. You can use either of these options to navigate between subjects.
Above any table, you will see a green control bar as pictured above. This enables you to switch columns on and off in your tables. Columns that are on, will appear to be pressed in as you can see in the case of 'Teacher Assessment' here. Whenever you make a new selection, you will need to press the generate table button to apply the changes to your table.
The options are as follows:
- Teacher Assessment (TA): This displays the teacher assessment level for the month(s) selected. This may have been recorded on the class or pupil markbook.
- Summative Assessment (SA): This displays the summative assessment level for the month(s) selected. This is a score that has been imported or entered as summative assessment e.g. end of key stage data. If summative assessment is entered in a particular month, this will be used to calculate progress, whether it is displayed in the table or not.
- Attendance: Imported from your school's MIS system, this shows as a percentage for the current academic year, regardless of timeframe chosen.
- Groups: This adds a column for each Classroom Monitor group that a pupil belongs to (e.g. teaching group, class, set, ability group, intervention group)
- Yr Group: Shows each pupil's year group.
- Gender: Shows each pupil's gender.
- FSM: Shows each pupil's free school meal status (including Ever 6).
- SEN: Shows each pupil's SEN provision status and type if applicable.
- Further Options: Allows you to switch on a variety of other columns, most of which will be data from your school's MIS. Additional Grades will display additional grades that have been set up by your school in Classroom Monitor and may cover things such as effort, behaviour or reading age.