Why is it important?
Teacher will need to be able to log in to their accounts to make assessments, analyse data and write reports.
How to reset a Teacher’s password
This is done in User management.
The teacher can reset their own password by following the steps on the Forgotten Password help page. If they are having difficulty with this then the admin user can do this for them in one of two ways:
The first is to send them a password reset email if an email is associated to the account. Make sure that the email on the teaching account is correct. To steps to do this are:
- Put a tick in the appropriate box in the send password email column.
- Press the blue send password email button at the top of the column
- The user will receive a password reset email. Following the instructions on the email will allow them to reset their password.
The second is to directly set the teacher a password. The steps to do this are:
- Type in the new password in the Set Password box for the appropriate teacher. Make sure the password is at least 8 characters and includes at least one number.
- Press the blue Set Password button.
- This will set the password for the user, they will then be able to login with the password that has been entered in the set password box.