You must be logged in as an admin user to export assessment data as a CTF.
What Is a CTF?
Common Transfer Files (CTFs) containing statutory assessment data for submission to your Local Authority can be exported from Classroom Monitor. The CTFs exported from Classroom Monitor are partial CTF files so MUST be imported into your MIS for verification and to complete pupil information.
What Data Will The EYFS CTF Contain?
The EYFS Profile CTF will export assessments made in the Early Years FSP markbook.
Judgements for each ELG are recorded as Emerging (Em), Expected (Exp) or Exceeding (Exc). These are translated when exported to the CTF: Em = 1, Exp = 2, Exc = 3.
How Do I Record My EYFS Profile Judgements?
1. NB: This step is optional but you will need to do this if you want to be able to analyse the data in pupil tracking or to calculate GLD in Classroom Monitor.
Load up a Pupil Markbook for each pupil: Curriculum: EYFS, Ability level: ELG, Subjects: All. Record judgements. Yellow -> ELG Em and Green -> ELG Exp. To record an ELG Exc you will need to press adjust scores.
2. Load up the EYFS profile in a class markbook, you should select the curriculum 'Early Years Foundation Stage', the stage 'EYFS Profile' and the subject 'EYFS profile'.
3. (Optional) To import judgements from ELG ability level, use the 'Import from EYFS button' in the top left hand corner of the Early Years FSP Markbook. This will import any assessments into hexagons that are currently unassessed.
4. Update any hexagons by clicking in them. 1 click=Em, 2 clicks=Exp and 3 clicks=Exc
How Do I Export a CTF File?
1. Login as the school admin user.
2. Select Data Management and Export CTF.
3. Select Key Stage Select the type of CTF export you want. NB You can only export one key stage at a time
4. Select Year Group
NB The CTF will only successfully export the year group 'R'. If you use a different year group name for Reception in Classroom Monitor, you will need to change this to R via Pupil Management before exporting the CTF.
5. Select the pupils that you want to include in the CTF file. Select them all by ticking the box next to 'Name' or select the specific children you require by ticking the boxes next to their names.
6. Click 'Export'
7. A zip file will be downloaded. This contains the CTF and may also contain a file called 'CTF_Error_List.txt'. This file will list any errors or queries that you may want to address before exporting the file again.
8. When you have resolved any errors, open the location the zipped folder is saved in and right click on the 'CTF Export' zipped folder and 'Extract All'. A new folder will appear in the same location as you saved the zipped folder - this folder contains your CTF file.
9. Follow instructions from your MIS regarding importing CTF files and exporting for submission.